This diagram shows why LifeBeacon™ is different, and better, than other alert systems.
The Other Medical Alarm Systems
- On the right you see a diagram for a traditional medical alert—the kind sold by Life Alert, Lifeline, Medical Guardian, Alert1, and LifeStation.
- You wear an activator button that is essentially a garage door opener, with a slightly smaller range.
- When you push the alarm button, the garage door opener sends a signal to a speaker phone base station plugged into a phone line somewhere in your home. The signal only gets through if you are in or around your home.
- If the signal gets through, the speaker phone base station uses dial-up modem technology from the 1970s to transmit your information and then connects you to an operator. This takes an average of approximately one minute, thirty seconds.
- The operator speaks to you through the speaker phone base station. The operator cannot speak to you through your garage door opener pendant. The pendant has no speaker and no microphone. If you are too far from the speaker phone base station, you will not be able to talk to the operator.
The LifeBeacon™ Medical Alarm System
On the left you see a diagram for the LifeBeacon™.
- When you push LifeBeacon’s™ help button, the signal, including your GPS location data, goes directly from your alarm button to your operator, over a cellular interface. The signal gets through virtually anywhere.
- Your operator receives the signal and answers your call in an average of 20 seconds.
- You speak directly through your LifeBeacon to the operator and explain your emergency.
- Your loved ones get an automatic text message telling them where you are and that you need help.
With LifeBeacon™ medical alarm you get benefits you can get nowhere else:
- Nearly unlimited range;
- up to 66% faster response times; and
- a direct voice connection to your operator anywhere you are.